Thursday, November 24, 2016

Windows bad habits

We all have bad habits. Some may watch `Happy three friends`, others love using the pacifier while others still write letters to Batman because they think he's cooler than Santa Claus. And that's ok for me until you're trying to sold me your old pacifier because you need a new one.

Anyway it turned out that not only humans can have bad habits, but also the technology we use nowadays.

Ok straight to the subject I am talking about Windows.
I know many people complain about this Operating System. And now it started frustrating me so I'm making a list of bad habits Windows has:

  • System Updates – Almost everybody experienced the glamorous 'system updating' with 5 minutes before a conference had to begin. Obviously the update process could not be done in less than 10-15 minutes because Microsoft loves to give extra-time to their clients.
  • Maintenance Schedule – Because I pretty much hate Windows updates, I turn them off. And there it comes the most annoying thing. Windows has a maintenance schedule that runs at 2 a.m. (unless you turn it off) even if you choose to live without updates. So as anyone else I sleep in the same room with my laptop. We're sleeping together, sharing the same room. But almost every night Windows wakes up from sleep for maintenance, and all it does is to run the cooler as fast as possible doing a huge noise (which my computer wouldn't do normally), waking me up. Yeah... there are no updates Windows is doing only trying to piss me off. And I think this is the most annoying habit Windows has. To turn the Maintenance Schedule off follow this post.


If you had any other troubles with Windows please let me know in the comments.